Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours

What I'm Reading
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Monday, July 30, 2007
THE COMPLETE IDIOT'S GUIDE TO SHORT MEDITATIONS by Susan Gregg
What made you want to write this book?

The short answer is my agent got a request from the publisher and they asked me to write it.

The long answer is I wrote it because I love meditation. I have been meditating since the 70’s and that practice has changed my life. I love sharing guided meditation with people because they are fun and when I ask people for their experience it is always so different. So writing this book was a labor of love.

What are the most common fears that keep people from finding their purpose?

I think everyone has a different reason for not allowing themselves to be happy. In my work I talk about our filter system – our beliefs, agreements and assumptions about life. Our filter system colors the way we see life and at times stops us from seeing all of life’s possibilities.

Happiness is always just a thought away yet we suffer because our filter system won’t allow us to think that thought. Happiness is always available if we are willing to see life differently.

Living a life that is alignment with our purpose is a gift we can give ourselves and so often we don’t believe we deserve it or can achieve it or even know what it is. All of our answers lie within.

What fear did you have to overcome to get to where you are today?

I received hundreds of rejection letters before I became a published author so I had to overcome my fear of failure, rejection and believing I wasn’t good enough.

What's the one piece of advice you hope readers of your book take away with them?

Life simply is and then we tell ourselves a story. We have a reaction based on our story and not the events in our life.

If we want to be happy tell ourselves a happy story. It really is that simply although letting go of our beliefs so we can tell ourselves a different story often isn’t very easy.

Thanks for having me!!

Susan Gregg
Author of THE COMPLETE IDIOT'S GUIDE TO SHORT MEDITATIONS
http://www.susangregg.com/

###

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,
posted by Dorothy Thompson @ 8:17 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Dorothy Thompson
Home:
About Me: Dorothy Thompson is CEO/Founder of Pump Up Your Book, an innovative public relations agency specializing in online book promotion and social media marketing for authors.  Visit her website at www.pumpupyourbook.com.

See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates