Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours

What I'm Reading
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
DOMINIC by Hazel Statham
'Dominic' came into being after I had written 'My Dearest Friend'. I wanted to write something 'lighter' and decided on a younger hero and heroine. It is written in the Georgian era and once Dominic strode onto the page all I had to do was sit back and enjoy the ride. He is a man of his time and is no better or worse than his contemporaries but his relationship with Sophie is unique. They share humour as well as a genuine affection and when danger and misunderstandings threaten, the resolution is quite unexpected.

I have always been fascinated by history. Even when I started writing at fifteen, my books were historical romances. I adored 'Jane Eyre' and the enigmatic hero, Edward Fairfax Rochester and I think you will find a little bit of him in all my heroes. For some reason, I find it easier to write my stories from the hero's point of view. I have never even considered writing from the heroine's. I find it so much easier to get inside my hero's head. Dominic was no different. I was about a third of the way through his story when we flew out to Orlando. The ten-hour flight seemed interminable as I had all this dialogue running through my head and no way of writing it down. As soon as we arrived at the hotel I dragged my husband out to buy something to write on. During that holiday, the trees were horizontal in hurricane conditions, my husband slept and I wrote. I can't remember enjoying myself more!

Dominic was a delight and will always remain one of my favourite characters. I just hope my readers enjoy reading about him half as much as I enjoyed writing his story.

Hazel Statham
Author of DOMINIC
posted by Dorothy Thompson @ 12:00 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Dorothy Thompson
Home:
About Me: Dorothy Thompson is CEO/Founder of Pump Up Your Book, an innovative public relations agency specializing in online book promotion and social media marketing for authors.  Visit her website at www.pumpupyourbook.com.

See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates