Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours

What I'm Reading
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
PARTIALLY HUMAN by Dwayne G. Anderson
"Partially Human" was based on my own experiences with being difference, ignorance, and prejudice.

At age 16, I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. Not long afterwards, my younger brother Jeff started to crack jokes about me, like this one, himself and a friend recording themselves with a computer microphone.

Jeff: Welcome to Asburger, home of the Asburger. May I take your order please?
Joel: I'd like an Asburger with some fries and a medium coke please!

It wasn't just my brother who gave me a hard time. The family never gave me a break. I never allowed to make my own decisions, have a say in anything that went on in my life, or even do something with life. Jeff even claimed that I should spend the rest of my life in a mental institution and dad actually believed that I should go into a group home.

I couldn't believe these people! Just because I'm different doesn't mean I have to be treated differently! Yet these people took Asperger Syndrome for granted. Whenever they told me about a new article or television program, bought me a book, or tried to introduce me to someone new, it was always something on Asperger Syndrome, nothing more, nothing less. I'm perfectly capable of making new friends and getting my own books, yet the family had incredible difficulty believing me because of Asperger Syndrome. They never made me feel any better about it. I was always picked on in school all my life, nobody ever wanted anything to do with me, and I had no friends.

When I wrote Partially Human, I decided to make the protagonist different from others and have him suffer the way I did, only in a much worse situation. However, he had friends to support him and be there for him always.

The theme of the story was "being different", along with "prejudice", and "ignorance", and I decided to tackle these serious controversial issues in the story.

After three months, the rough draft was finished. I spent the next three years doing serious editing, rewriting, and proofreading. When I was finally finished, I began the search for a publisher. Everyone I submitted it to rejected it. One company did accept it for publication, but they went out of business before the process was completed. Then I found Infinity Publishing, and at long last, my most ambitious work to date had finally taken book form!

My family is very proud of the book and I feel that I have finally proven that even despite having Asperger Syndrome, I am still a normal human being, but also unique!

Partially Human can be purchased from Infinity Publishing's online book store at http://www.buybooksontheweb.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-3990-5 which is where the cover can also be found, and the book can be rated and reviewed. The same can be said at where it is found on Amazon at http://www.buybooksontheweb.com/description.asp?ISBN=0-7414-3990-5.

Dwayne G. Anderson
Author of PARTIALLY HUMAN
www.geocities.com/andersondwayne/dwaynegand.html


Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
posted by Dorothy Thompson @ 12:00 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At September 3, 2007 at 9:15 PM, Blogger Dwayne said…

    hi it's me Dwayne! I'll be available throughout the day to answer any questions you people may have or if you just want to comment. Remember, there will be a free book giveaway to one lucky commentor chosen at random at the end of the tour!

    Visit my official website at http://www.geocities.com/andersondwayne/dwaynegand.html for more information about my published books or if you'd like to get your own copy. Just click on the book cover images. You can even get a sample chapter from Partially Human!

     
  • At September 4, 2007 at 9:20 PM, Blogger Carma's Window said…

    The excerpt from your book is fascinating. Congratulations.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Dorothy Thompson
Home:
About Me: Dorothy Thompson is CEO/Founder of Pump Up Your Book, an innovative public relations agency specializing in online book promotion and social media marketing for authors.  Visit her website at www.pumpupyourbook.com.

See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates