Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours

What I'm Reading
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Monday, September 17, 2007
THREE STEPS TO INVESTMENT SUCCESS: BUYING THE RIGHT ART, ANTIQUES, AND COLLECTIBLES
I am a 'foot soldier' in the appraisal of artwork, antiques, and collectibles and am reviewing markets for those goods on a constant professional basis. I run a very successful corporation for appraisal of personal properties, with famous and high-profile private, corporate, and institutional clients and have for sixteen years.

I think my ideas for the book started to jell about ten years ago, first creeping in from my subconscious, I suppose, as I started to notice recurring patterns in the value of objects which seemed to admit of predictability in their values through time.

I just assumed that all experienced appraisers had the same ideas that I did about the recurrence of certain factors pertaining to quality and importance with a subsequent tie-in to predictable value and hence investibility, but I turned out to be wrong...they didn't.

So eventually I decided to write it all down in a logical, informative, easy to read, and highly entertaining format so that others could tie in to the key factors which favor investment success, factors which do not inhibit but on the contrary enhance individual tastes and the overarching joys of the collecting experience.

The issues which I describe in my book are patently obvious to me and will be to anyone reading my book!

Why do I see things that others don't?

I think one factor has to do with the breadth, depth, and intensity of my professional appraisal experience, assisted by my in- depth and extensive academic and theoretical background and retailing experiences. Others in the art, antique, and collectibles appraisal profession often are too sporadic, too specialty focused, or too limited in their professional practice to see the 'big picture' pertaing to valuation of objects and the larger patterns that define the marketplace. Also, I feel that many academics and retailers have their professional limitations and biases that prevent their objective understanding of the ongoing relationships between objects and the market for and investibility in those objects.

Readers of my book will be introduced to a detailed discussion of the marketplaces for appraised goods and how valuable properties proceed from manufacture to sale in secondary market venues. Understanding of the markets is critical to assessing investment value!

Incredibly, I can find NO previous or existing attempt in print that addresses this subject!

Not only private buyers and collectors but also retailers, academics (and even appraisers!)
should have a 'satori' type experience with the ideas presented in my book which should cause them to reevaluate their relationship to and ideas about the marketplace and investibility of valuable personal properties. This is truly a revolutionary work!

Scott Zema
Author of THREE STEPS TO INVESTMENT SUCCESS: BUYING THE RIGHT ART, ANTIQUES, AND COLLECTIBLES
http://www.arklimitedpublishing.com/

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
posted by Dorothy Thompson @ 12:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Dorothy Thompson
Home:
About Me: Dorothy Thompson is CEO/Founder of Pump Up Your Book, an innovative public relations agency specializing in online book promotion and social media marketing for authors.  Visit her website at www.pumpupyourbook.com.

See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates