Pump Up Your Book Promotion Virtual Book Tours

What I'm Reading
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
AWAKENING THE DRAGON by Theresa Chaze
Awakening the Dragon--Book One of the Dragon Clan Trilogy originally was called Dragon's New Home. A financial issue with an unethical publisher was the deciding factor in my rewriting and renaming it. Looking back, I am grateful to the publisher. Although it was a good book in the beginning, Awakening the Dragon is a stronger and better crafted book. Not only did I add a ghostly presence, but also I established a storyline that would be woven through the sequels--Dragon Domain, which is already available and Return of the Dragon Tribe, which will be released spring 2008. I write about the magic of this world and others. However, the setting doesn’t matter as much as the spiritual and emotional challenges that the characters must grow through.

Most of my work is inspired by life and my ability to not only question, but to listen to the answers. The what-ifs of life are the basis of the best stories every told. Growing up I would create my own characters for my favorite TV shows and fantasize about the how I would make the story different. When it was time to return to reality, the characters and plots were radically different than when I started. One of my English professors once said there hasn't been in a new plot in over two thousand years, but it is the way the writer perceives the plot and creates the characters that make the story unique. There is nothing new about bigotry, romance or betrayal, until you see it through fresh eyes or you lift the mirror and see it in your own. The characters that I have brought through me are magical, but not because they create magic. Instead, they represent the commonness that we all share that in itself makes us unique. We are all capable of making miracles happen if we chose to have the courage to believe and have faith. Each of us contains the Divine spark that makes us exceptional. If we could just remember to look for it in other, most of the pain we cause ourselves and others would be avoided, but so would most of the good stories.

Awakening the Dragon Clan Trilogy is available at Amazon.

To read an excerpt go here: http://www.geocities.com/tirgana/excerptatdebook.pdf
posted by Dorothy Thompson @ 9:33 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At December 17, 2007 at 6:57 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    It's great that you were able to take a horrible experience and turn it around Theresa. Congratulations on your book!

    Best of luck with the tour!

    Cheryl

     
  • At December 17, 2007 at 8:01 AM, Blogger Dorothy said…

    "Growing up I would create my own characters for my favorite TV shows and fantasize about the how I would make the story different."

    I love that! Welcome to The Story Behind the Books, Theresa!

     
  • At December 17, 2007 at 9:44 AM, Blogger Theresa Chaze, Wiccan Writer said…

    Cheryl and Dorothy, thank you for hosting me. I'm courious, has anyone done fantasized about becomeing part of a novel's storyline? Did you take the part of an existing character or like me did you make up one of your own?

     
  • At December 17, 2007 at 10:05 AM, Blogger Jim Melvin said…

    Dear Theresa:

    I like what you have to say about the concept of courage. To me, courage is a mindset based on a person's drive to be exceptional. I once saw a terrible car accident and sort of hung off to the side while others went to help. Though it didn't cause any harm, I still felt guilty about it afterward and swore that I would never do that again. And now whenever I see a bad car accident, I pull over and run to help. One time I used a tire iron to yank out a shattered windshield so that a couple of guys could crawl out of a capsized van.

    As for fantasizing my way into existing storylines, I've done that since I was a child. It's part of what drives me as a writer.

     
  • At December 17, 2007 at 12:56 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    great post Theresa. Good luck with the rest of your virtual book tour.

     
  • At January 21, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Blogger ESPÍRITU said…

    The light that I leave you is of the color of my life...)
    You have yahoo babel fish to understand the words:)

     
  • At March 3, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Blogger pamella said…

    This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me outta my problem..
    Dissertation Wtiting help

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Dorothy Thompson
Home:
About Me: Dorothy Thompson is CEO/Founder of Pump Up Your Book, an innovative public relations agency specializing in online book promotion and social media marketing for authors.  Visit her website at www.pumpupyourbook.com.

See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Blogger Templates